Buckets of Glass and Things I Hate
My computer is so full that I can’t even run Photoshop to write the post that I want to write with lovely, edited photos. #PTW.
If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen the above photo. Right now there is a bucketful of glass in my laundry room. Not because I love glass or because I had an awesome party where someone pulled a Samantha and threw a cantaloupe through it. Man, I wish. No, my Andersen storm door decided to spontaneously crack into a bajillion pieces and fall into onto my entry floor last week when it was 4500 degrees below zero here in Chicago. Plus side: the mailman now has easy access to the mail slot. Downside: we are now “those people” on the block with the busted out door. It was weird and I just thought you should know.
So instead of a proper post, I give you a brief glimpse into my positive outlook. Here’s some things I hate, in no particular order. This list is in no way exhaustive, specific, or intended for any particular reader or nonreader. Opinions are my own. Just for kicks, it should be known that I started this list about a year ago but never finished the post so many things have longevity.
Things I Hate:
- The empty frames on walls trend. So bad. It just looks dumb, no matter how awesome your “composition” is. C’mon, put a picture in it.
- Photoshopped witty and/or cute and silly pregnancy announcements. I love babies, but seriously just tell people with words. Barf.
- The word “asinine.”
- The abundant use of the word architect in all these weird professions that have nothing to do with architecture (i.e. “software architect”) and architect-like personalities in commercials. Except for that Old Spice commercial where they sing that song that says something like, “You’re the worst architect in the world!” I do not understand it whatsoever, but it is the exception to the rule and bafflingly hilarious.
- The penetrating scent of a piping hot microwaved Lean Cuisine wafting through the stale office air.
- LOL. I can get down with OMG, but I still can’t get past LOL.
- Hearing/reading any adult person say “nom,” no matter how many times in a row.
- Lana Del Rey’s voice.
- Age inappropriate clothes. I’m looking at you, thirtysomethings and up.
- Buckets of glass, although I think it has potential for a great art project or a demented practical joke.
Phew, Happy Weekend!